Money on Hold

AngelPH2020
Contributor
Contributor
I created this account because my fiancee want to help me to finance my medicine. Why they need to hold it. How can i afford my medicne. I already track the money but still no results. I don't sell anything and nothing more but it's personal account 😭😭😭
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AngelPH2020 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AngelPH2020 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AngelPH2020
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Ma'am, thanks ks for the help. So i have to ask my fiancee for the list no#2 on how he sent me the money.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

Is your money still on hold

Login to Me Too

AngelPH2020
Contributor
Contributor
Yes Sir and i was really really upset. We are planning to refund everything and will not use the PayPal. This is very inconvenient service specially I'm sick and i only depend on financial assistance of my fiancee. I hope they will help me for this.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm asking cause I'm in the same situation, but I've been told it won't take more than 21days which is way too much, I mean in times of crisis people need money fast and paypal isnt delivering, the hold time Is just way too long, after my issue is resolved I don't think I'll be using PayPal until things change.

Login to Me Too

jerjoebil
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.