Money on Hold

Swirling
New Community Member

I use my Paypal account for personal use. I mainly use it to receive money from my long-distance boyfriend. We normally don’t have any problems with the transactions but for some reason this latest one is giving us troubles. He sent me the money on October 11, and I wasn’t able to use when I went to go shopping and I checked my account saying it was on hold. So I looked at my email, saying that I wouldn’t be able to use it until November 1. I tried calling Customers Service to speak to a representative but the hold was over an hour so I used the option for it to call me back when it was my turn. Is there anyway I can receive the money today cause I need it in a few hours.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swirling

Sounds as if he sent it using the goods / services option instead of family / friends and you are subject to the new seller hold maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swirling

Sounds as if he sent it using the goods / services option instead of family / friends and you are subject to the new seller hold maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Swirling
New Community Member

Is there anyway I can change that from my side since he is at work at the moment and cant do it himself

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swirling

If it was sent that way, he would need to phone customer services and see if they will release it back to him to send another way.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dtrentzdue713
Jewell not let me give kudos.. .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.