Money not reflecting

Lourens80
Contributor
Contributor

I received a mail from a buyer stating he made payment, but when I log on to my account the balance is 0.00. The confirmation of payment email is also from a different email address than my account confirmation. Is this a scam? Please help. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lourens80 

Yep, this scam.............

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lourens80 

Could well be, clue is sometimes in the email you receive if you can give us a gist of content WITHOUT putting any personal or identifying information on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lourens80
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply. Let's just maybe start with the email address. services.int.paypaI(at)mail.com Is that the correct email address to receive payment confirmation?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lourens80 

Scammers can make emails look as if they are from another address.

The best way to tell is via the contents of the email but if you don't want to post that then thats fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lourens80
Contributor
Contributor

So, this is the mail I received. I just changed a couple of things to omit names etc.

Take note of the horrible grammar in the footnotes.

Please tell me what you think.

Thank you.

You Got Payment

email address here

Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 12:26 PM
To: email address
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
PayPal©
Hello ####### ##########,

You have received the payment of $247.95 USD from XXX XXXXXX

You can now send your items and once the shipment tracking number is sent to us It may take a few moment for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list in your Account Overview You can contact us on < Removed > for more information thanks.

Buyer
XXX XXXXXX.
Note to seller
You haven't included a note.

Shipping address - confirmed
XXX
XXX
XXX
Shipping details
XXX
XXX
XXX

Description Unit price Qty Amount

113381916193 Item#
$XXXUSD 1 $XXXX USD

Shipping and handling $0.00 USD
Insurance - not offered ----
Total
$XXXX USD
Payment $XXXXX USD
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *"

From amount  RXXXXX ZAR

To amount $XXX USD

Exchange rate: 1 ZAR = 0.0727352  USD

Please NoteWe need you to send the parcel and take a clear picture of the waybill tracking documents you received at the courier company including with your banking details so we can verify and process your payment now. (Scanned Receipt Needed)

We have withdrawn your funds from the buyer account and we have your funds safe with us, be rest assured as we have everything under control.

We are doing this to make sure that you and the buyer have a safe transaction and it is our duty to make sure that both party are being protected.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to e-mail by replying this Email we sent to you.

Thank you for usingPayPal!
The PayPal Team

Consumer advisory- PayPal Pty. Ltd., the holder of PayPal’s stored value
facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Users are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully

PayPal Email ID PP1525

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lourens80 

Yep, this scam.............

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lourens80
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass. Thank you so much for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.