Money missing after bank transfer to my account

JEM6
Contributor
Contributor

I have transferred some money into my account when it inadvertently went into negative balance. Bank says transfer went through, PayPay says it didnt and are requesting more.

I have had to send more but not sure if that will turn up either, although bank says it has been sent. 

I have had two dishonour fees as a result (the first one was justified).

This bank account has been linked to my account for years and for some reason PP did not use the linked credit card for the initial purchase that sent bank account into negative balance. 

PP will only reply with generic suggestions to my email communication and I cannot get through on the phone.

How do I access a real live person to talk to to resolve this!!!

Any suggestions welcome please.

I am in Australia.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi JEM6, 

I am sorry to hear that you are having such issues with your payment. It may be best to give us a call so we can help you a bit further with this. To call us just click on the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope you get this resolved, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JEM6 

If you have a negative balance and want to clear it via your bank account then transfers are not instant, they take several days to transfer to paypal.

If in the meantime paypal keep trying to access funds in your funding source to clear it OR keep emailing you to clear it then if you pay again you have x2 transfers going through.

The first one will get rid of your negative balance and the second will be added as a credit to your balance.

The quickest way to have sorted it was to have got a mate or family member to use the friends / family option to SEND the funds to clear you neg balance and then you paid them back another way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JEM6
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your reply.

My problem is that PP say the first transfer was declined but my bank say it has been sent.

I cannot find anyone to speak to about this problem.

I appreciate your reply though.

Thankyou 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi JEM6, 

I am sorry to hear that you are having such issues with your payment. It may be best to give us a call so we can help you a bit further with this. To call us just click on the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope you get this resolved, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.