Money is STILL pending!

lo_brown
New Community Member

Can anyone please help me out? As much as I was appauled at PayPal holding my money from an item I sold on ebay for 21 days, I accepted I was a relatively new eBay user and I remained patient. I added a tracking number to hurry up the process, I know it has been recieved as the buyer confirmed AND left positive feedback. I have never had any negative feedback. It has now been 22 days and I still cannot withdraw my money, can anyone shed some light on why PayPal are still pending my transaction? My account is also verified is that makes a difference?

As a new user to PayPal/eBay I would appreciate any comments. 🙂

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

belka1
Contributor
Contributor

My money is still pending too. My customer paid me at June 2 and from this date I have his money "pending" in account. Now is June 16. In this case I sent a message to paypal June 3, but no any reply up to today. I have account with paypal more than 11 years, but each time when I change a country, I need to open a new account, I cannot change a country in address. Each new account starts with "money pending" beause it is new account. Each time I send a message about it, but no reply. Why if I change a country I have to open a new account and I have to wait these "pending money"? I think it is this is an artificial maked by paypal situation and it has nothing to do with what that what paypal writes: "to protect ...". There are no warnings that payments will be delayed, when you open account, for how long, in what amount, how many payments will be delayed. In any account amount can be 100 USD, in other 10000 USD. One time in new opened account we had first payment 50 Euro not "pending", next payment 1000 Euro "pending". Any information on this issue can be found only through Google, in account even to find for how long and why the money is delayed. In addition, the payment is made in US dollars, I have accounts in paypal in three currencies, include Euro and USD, I need this money in US dollars, but the amount that has been detained is indicated in Euros, and the overvalued exchange rate is used. Thus, when customer pay me, I lose almost 15% of the amount. So, I have to use other money to pay for my customers, and I don't know how much i will need, i cannon to plans it, I have to take them somewhere. Although payments are delayed because my account is new (new seller), it is assumed that I has enough money so that it doesn't stop me works (!?). And for this I should give almost all the earnings? Don't you think that there are too many losses? Any reply from paypal when I send a message, or only standard reply. Now I use paypal because some of my clients asked me for this, simply as an additional way of payment.

Login to Me Too

VICKY04
Contributor
Contributor

WE HAVE BEEN WITH EBAY AND PAYPAL SINCE 2010 AND BEFORE ON OTHER ACCOUNT YET AFTER SELLING MULTIPLE ITEMS OVER THIS 8 YEARS ALL OF A SUDDEN MY HABITS HAVE CHANGED ACCORDING TO PAY PAL AND MY MONEY IS BEING HELD AND IT IS NOW OVER 21 DAY. MAY I STAND UP AND SAY IT IS NOT PAYPALS AUTHORITY TO HOLD ANY FUNDS WHEN YOU HAVE 3 PAYMENT OPTIONS LINKED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. I CAN ALSO SAY WE WILL NEVER SELL ON EBAY AGAIN SINCE THERE ARE AMPLE OTHER ONLINE SELLING OUTLETS AVAILABLE, AND FURTHER MORE MULTIPLE COMPLAINTS TO THE BBB ABOUT SELLERS REFUNDING MONEY TO BUYERS AND NEVER GETTING THE PRODUCT BACK WHERE IS THERE PROTECTION. PAYPAL HAS DONE A EXCELLENT JOB IN JERKING YOU AROUND WHEN YOU EMAIL OR CALL, IM NOT A PATIENT PERSON  WHEN I GET JERKED AROUND I WILL GIVE IT 3 MORE DAYS THEN WE WILL SEND A INTENT TO SUE AND START LOOKING FOR A FIRM TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST IN A CLASS ACTION AGAINST PAYPAL AFTER READING ALL THE BBB COMPLAINTS, AD THE ONLINE COMPLAINTS I THINK THIS LOOKS LIKE A WHALE.

Login to Me Too

JEM10JANE
Contributor
Contributor

My insurance company debited my account twice, so instead of £195 being taken, £390 has.  Apparently they have refunded the money but it hasn't been released by Paypal and the status is 'Pending until'.  Until what?  I need that money bank in my account NOW!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JEM10JANE

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JEM10JANE
Contributor
Contributor

It also says 'temporary  hold'.  Does this mean the same thing as 'pending', please?  I am getting really worried that there has been a glitch in the system and it will just sit there indefinitely.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JEM10JANE

Perfectly normal, why did you say pending if it was a temporary hold?

This explains a temp hold....

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JEM10JANE
Contributor
Contributor

Because it says both 'pending until' and when you click onto the actual transaction is states 'temporary hold'.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JEM10JANE

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wereleeds
Contributor
Contributor

having the same problem its a joke ive rung ebay they have said they have released the funds , i then ring paypal and they say ebay are holding the funds its a disgrace i just want my money i wish i hadsold the item elsewhere now

Login to Me Too

santosj253
New Community Member
Same is happening to me! I set it up 3 yrs ago, but never used it. Now I'm trying to use ot for a number of reasons. Now it just seems stagnant. Feels like my money isn't moving at all. And how ridiculous that you gotta wait 21 days? Wow pls fix that protocol or another app will come out with similar n perhaps better features for ur money. Then you will lose alot! That feature needs to change or maybe enhanced better!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.