Money held for 21 days because of local pickup only

jbortola
Contributor
Contributor

I sold my item and received a payment but I was told that my money will not be released for 21 days because it was a local pickup only. Is there a way I can get my money sooner? It seems like I have a rick waiting 21 days because if the new owner damages meh item I could be stuck.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi jbortola, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If a buyer pays you and the payment is on hold or unavailable right away, we’ll notify you via email or an alert on your Summary. It’s a common industry practice that we implement to help ensure the safe use of PayPal services by buyers and sellers alike. For more information on this process, please review this link - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-and-when-will-it-be-available-faq...

Please also be advised that there is no Seller Protection applied to items that are collected or delivered in person. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.