Money Withheld on "eBay non-performer" Condition

Janee_254
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment from a client. I need to deliver the work to her, but I cannot before I get the payment, which has been held in PayPal (Withheld status), and shows "eBay non-performer". Please help in resolving the matter to enable me serve my clients. We only deliver on receipt of the money!

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janee_254

The buyer has paid, any hold on your account is between you and Ebay or Paypal.

If you don't send then you risk a dispute for non receipt of item and then you 'hold' may extend.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Janee_254
Contributor
Contributor

So what was my mistake on eBay and PayPal? I've only requested for refunds before when the products were not as described or had issues. I'd rather refund the money and have it sent via other means than wait to delay the client for over 20 days. That's crazy! Anyways, let me refund the client so that she pays me though other means.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like  EBAY IS asking Paypal to withhold the payment as you are an EBAY NON PERFORMER.

You need to  delivere the goods with trcking,if you do not,then it would be withheld.

You can call Ebay but most sellers do ship goods promptly ,upload tracking and wait for payment to be released.

Login to Me Too

Janee_254
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem earlier, and you got it resolved. Another client paid for work that I had delivered, and shows money held too. It shows the money is withheld till 26th September, while on the client's side it shows that I'll be receiving the payment before 6th September (tomorrow). Would you kindly help me understand what is happening. This is not adding up. Same problem, same issues, with no definite solution???? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Janee_254
Contributor
Contributor

It seems you guys are slowly loosing it. My Purchase history on eBay has nothing to do with my PayPal transactions. I can as well use PayPal for transactions only, and make my purchases on Amazon or Walmart. I'm tired of this non-ending thing. The client who paid last has made several payment before, and will be making several other payments. I can't go through this again!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janee_254

We are not 'you guys', this is NOT Paypal customer services.

This is a 'user to user' COMMUNITY advice forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mcqueen123
New Community Member
Me too exact same thing transaction on depop last 5 gone through fine and buyers happy then suddenly I had 2 buyers in space of 20 minutes they released first amount then second had been held I usually only send out once money hits account as part of payment is used for shipping I don’t understand and they say ebay-non performer yet it’s transaction with depop buyer and I haven’t used ebay for years don’t get it??
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@Mcqueen123 wrote:
Me too exact same thing transaction on depop last 5 gone through fine and buyers happy then suddenly I had 2 buyers in space of 20 minutes they released first amount then second had been held I usually only send out once money hits account as part of payment is used for shipping I don’t understand and they say ebay-non performer yet it’s transaction with depop buyer and I haven’t used ebay for years don’t get it??

sometimes it could be your buyer or the item ,it could be high risk or your buyer has a poor record.

if it were Ebay transaction,ebay would release some money for shipping but you said it is not ebay .

you can call Paypal and tell them it has nothing to do with Ebay,always have some money aside for shipping,it is called working capital

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.