Money Transferred To Account But Not Charged On Debit

AliA54
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

A few days ago, I made a transfer from my bank account to my PayPal account for 63 dollars. I've been told it takes 3-5 business days. Within minutes, it appeared in my PayPal balance. So, I sent the money to my friend, which was his money. 48 hours later, I still have not been charged on my debit card for this transaction. I'm not sure how I was able to get money onto my PayPal account without a charge appearing on my debit card. It is not my bank, as my bank ALWAYS instantly shows transactions made, and this is not the first time I've sent money using PayPal. 

Why was I sent money and not charged on my Debit Card? What happens if the account balance is below 63 dollars by the time it actually charges me? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AliA54 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account / card from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AliA54
Contributor
Contributor

You're not quite understanding. Also, I've used PayPal to purchase things several times and I've always been instantly charged from my bank. 

What I did was I put money from my bank account into my PayPal account. Within seconds, it appeared. I now have a PayPal balance of 63 dollars, but it's been over 48 hours and I haven't been charged on my debit card. How can this be allowed? How can I have possession of money when I technically haven't even paid for it? What happens if there's not enough money to charge the client on their debit card? This is easily exploitable... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.