Money Sent to a Closed bank account

eileenC17
Contributor
Contributor

I Have sent my money to a closed bank account. I tried contacting the bank and they told me that I should contact paypal. I tried contacting the paypal and they told me to contact the bank, and I have to wait longer for the money to bounce back. I wanna know, how long should I wait for the money to bounce back? I need this money and no one seems to help me regarding this issue. I tried contacting my bank and paypal many times and always got the same response but without resolution. I need my money back I worked hard for it. I have been waiting for almost a month now. Please help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_April

Hello @eileenC17

If the funds were withdrawn to a checking/savings account the transfer will typically take 5-7 business days. If the bank rejects the deposit it can take another 5-7 days to return to the PayPal account. 

If the funds were withdrawn to a credit/debit card it can take up to 30 days depending on the card processor. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

eileenC17
Contributor
Contributor
I know that can take 5-7 days to return the money to my PayPal account that's what they keep on telling me but it's been 1 month now and 2 days but still the money hasn't return yet to my paypal it's frustrating me.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @eileenC17,

I'm sorry to hear that, thank you for that update. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to see if they can start a trace on those funds. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.