Money Sent to My 'Business Account' Can't Access

JakeJones
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently had money sent to my PayPal email address. When I went to claim my money it said I had to confirm my 'business' information. Well, I don't have a business and don't have an EIN or any of that to confirm. I have a large sum of money just sitting there and cannot afford to lose it, is there anything I could possibly do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JakeJones 

Did you indicate that your business type is "Individual" in the business information settings? And provided your SSN?

Perhaps consider downgrading your account to personal.

Contact customer service for assistance to downgrade:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JakeJones
Contributor
Contributor

I have changed it to Individual, however it is still asking me to provide documents for proof. That I do not have...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi JakeJones, 

Thanks for asking your question in our Community. In most cases, it can take up a bit of time before the system has changed and checked the change in the account. If the account is still limited I would advise calling us so we can review this further for you. 

You can contact us through the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of each page. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.