Money Received

carlthompson17
Contributor
Contributor
I used my alternate paypal account to send money from a prepaid visa debit card to my primary paypal account in order to deposit into my capital one bank account. I even clicked "send to a friend" and not "pay for a service" so why am I only given the option to upload proof of service that I offered for paypal to release my funds in which they put on hold? This was never a service transaction.
Please, anyone address this when you can. I don't want my funds being held for an extreme amount of time. Please. I need my funds. This was something that I mentioned doing to customer chat representatives before hand (they said it was ok in previous chats) and they still choose to give me a hard time.  They also shut down or blocked my secondary account from ever doing business and I'm fine with that because I have no money on the account. But what are they planning on doing with this account being that I cannot send proper verification/proof of what I was doing when they don't allow me the option when I click "resolution center" and find my cases. For example, they put "need seller response." I was never a seller nor did I pretend to be. I was sending money from one account to another (both are mine) . Again, I clicked Send Money to a friend (me) and never did I click Pay for A Service. What is going  on?  Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.36.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.37.48 PM.png
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carlthompson17 

Your reaction is as if you didn't do anything wrong when in fact you did.

First, what you tried to do is against PayPal user agreement, you cannot extract funds from cards to pay yourself, sorry.

Second, PayPal is asking for proof of service to determine what you are doing: are you sending money to yourself in the manner I mentioned above, or the purpose is to sell something.

Using friends and family payment option is what exacerbated the situation. Its probably not proper to do this even through the goods and services option. I believed what happened is the PayPal security system picked up on what you were doing and limited both accounts and in the process, permanently banned the secondary account because the funds were extracted from that account.

I dunno, you painted yourself in a hole. Thirdly, your primary account will likely end up suffering the same fate since you can't provide the information PayPal is requesting. They'll send you a email saying You Can No Longer Use PayPal and given the 180 days to withdraw speech. You indefinitely can not open another PayPal account after this ordeal.

The reason this is against PayPal user agreement is because it is fraud against the card companies. People in the past and in poorer countries did that a lot with perhaps stolen cards and the card companies weren't having a bit of it.

...so it's an "Oh S#%^&*!" moment.

Edit: I see that from one of the images that PayPal just approved, its allowing you to issue a refund and close the case. I'd advise you do JUST that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carlthompson17 

Your reaction is as if you didn't do anything wrong when in fact you did.

First, what you tried to do is against PayPal user agreement, you cannot extract funds from cards to pay yourself, sorry.

Second, PayPal is asking for proof of service to determine what you are doing: are you sending money to yourself in the manner I mentioned above, or the purpose is to sell something.

Using friends and family payment option is what exacerbated the situation. Its probably not proper to do this even through the goods and services option. I believed what happened is the PayPal security system picked up on what you were doing and limited both accounts and in the process, permanently banned the secondary account because the funds were extracted from that account.

I dunno, you painted yourself in a hole. Thirdly, your primary account will likely end up suffering the same fate since you can't provide the information PayPal is requesting. They'll send you a email saying You Can No Longer Use PayPal and given the 180 days to withdraw speech. You indefinitely can not open another PayPal account after this ordeal.

The reason this is against PayPal user agreement is because it is fraud against the card companies. People in the past and in poorer countries did that a lot with perhaps stolen cards and the card companies weren't having a bit of it.

...so it's an "Oh S#%^&*!" moment.

Edit: I see that from one of the images that PayPal just approved, its allowing you to issue a refund and close the case. I'd advise you do JUST that.

Login to Me Too

carlthompson17
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot bud for the bare bones and informative answer. Just one question, if I issue a refund, will it go back to the prepaid visa debit card or be placed into the secondary paypal account that I used, which is permanently limited? I'm assuming the former but I figured I ask first. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carlthompson17 

Hi, no problem.

It will go back on the card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.