cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Received on Hold

Highlighted
Contributor

Money Received on Hold

My fiance send a money last March 19, 2020 and was deducted on his account. It is still tagged as "on hold" on my end. I just set up my PayPal account before he send me the money. He had a notification on his account saying that I should received the money by March 25, 2020 but until now it is under pending or on hold status. What should be the problem on this?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
PayPal Employee

Re: Money Received on Hold

Hi @kc_S 

I hope all is well. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. 

We may place a hold on payments sent to your PayPal account if, in our sole discretion, we believe that there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your PayPal account, or your transactions or that placing such a hold is necessary to comply with regulatory requirements. We make decisions about whether to place a payment hold based on a number of factors, including information available to us from both internal sources and third parties. When we place a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your PayPal account with an indication that they are unavailable or pending. We'll notify you, either through your PayPal account or directly by phone or email, whenever we place a hold.

More information about payment holds can be found on PayPal User Agreement, under Holds, Limitations & Reserves section. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,