Money Received on Hold

kc_S
Contributor
Contributor
My fiance send a money last March 19, 2020 and was deducted on his account. It is still tagged as "on hold" on my end. I just set up my PayPal account before he send me the money. He had a notification on his account saying that I should received the money by March 25, 2020 but until now it is under pending or on hold status. What should be the problem on this?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_Darwin_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kc_S 

I hope all is well. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. 

We may place a hold on payments sent to your PayPal account if, in our sole discretion, we believe that there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your PayPal account, or your transactions or that placing such a hold is necessary to comply with regulatory requirements. We make decisions about whether to place a payment hold based on a number of factors, including information available to us from both internal sources and third parties. When we place a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your PayPal account with an indication that they are unavailable or pending. We'll notify you, either through your PayPal account or directly by phone or email, whenever we place a hold.

More information about payment holds can be found on PayPal User Agreement, under Holds, Limitations & Reserves section. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Login to Me Too

Beastboy25
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever recieve tour money @kc_S and how long did it take for your to recieve it? Did you transfer it to your card? Did you use instant transfer to transfer your money from your account to your card and was put on a 72 hour hold? If so how long did it take for you to recieve the money on your card as I am waiting for the 72 hours to be up now so I can recieve my money to the card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.