Money On Hold but Item Delivered Successfully

Cameron1391
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can anyone help me with this.

I sold an item on Ebay last April, and shipped it on the day the buyer paid for it. I added the tracking number to Ebay and my PayPal reciept, but was frustrated to see that my money is on hold for 21 days because I am a new ebay seller (although I sold something else a week prior and didn't  get this issue at all) 

Now I have contacted PayPal since I found out on May  7 the item was delivered successfully, and the tracking number updated the info.

PayPal support had acknowledged that the item was delivered, and I should recieve my funds within "3 business days" and if the money didn't get placed into my account on the 3rd day then get back in touch.

Well the 3rd day was yesteday and although they assured i'd get it sooner since the seller left me a positive review 4 days ago, PayPal have since not added my funds into my account.

So the buyer has the item, and I don't have the money. Is this fair?

I have contacted PayPal again and they said they'd get back in touch with me but nobody is replying or answering and it's been days.

Money is even supposed to be put in on May 13 but they assured i'd get it early a week ago within 3 days but that didn't happen, and now i'm getting really frustrated.

What should I do?  

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Temp20201216b
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah have a hold on items delivered as well seems to be a regular thing with ScamPal thought about getting the buyer to send me a pic with ID in and item in hand and a middle finger towards the camera to send to them they wouldn't let me unlink my Metabank account either without any pending transactions accept on there end but that's fine it will never have another cent in it I've emptied it and opened a new account with a different bank they won't be scamming me anymore
Login to Me Too

OlytheGoat
New Community Member

what do i do, The buyer got the sneakers i sold and i also put the tracking,but my money is still pending. the money was still pending since 9-14-2020 and the buyer got the package on 9-14-2020

Login to Me Too

jayceewjay
New Community Member

Same situation here. So frustrating. Added tracking and item has been delivered but funds still not released.What makes it worse is that there seems to be no way to contact PayPal. That is unacceptable. Get your act together PayPal!

Login to Me Too

matt224
New Community Member

Hi

Same here never had any negative on my account and every single payment is being held then even when released after 8 or 9 messages to Paypal chat sending tracking links clearly showing delivered then transfer to my bank for it to be held another 3 days this is crazy. I am looking at an alternative at the moment.

Login to Me Too

Jaldridge2020
New Community Member
I find this issue completely unfair, PayPal should not be aloud to hold funds that long, I think it’s completely wrong, why the hell do I have to wait 21 days even when my item has already been delivered, it’s stupid and Ebay should have no right to tell PayPal to hold my funds back from me.
Login to Me Too

Romeo8
Contributor
Contributor

Is this a new policy? I've been with ebay and paypal for decades. Zero returns or chargebacks. Now this week all of a sudden my payments are on hold for 21 days. I can't get a clear answer from support.

Login to Me Too

Tlynnp91
New Community Member
I am having this problem as well! My item delivered successfully on 10/22. I had updated the tracking the day I mailed it out it’s USPS. PayPal is saying my funds will be released 11/23 that is WAYYY over their “21 day hold”! I can’t even get in touch with anyone at PayPal. I’ve tried using their messenger option and it just gives me the automated response of it will be available 11/23. Try to call and after putting in all info they tell me they cannot connect my call to a representative and hang up! How do I get this resolved! I have another 7 pending transactions but I don’t even want to rush out to the post office to send these off if I’m going to have to wait over a month for my damn money!!!
Login to Me Too

Danny86_
Contributor
Contributor
Same with me. Delivery signed for and can’t have my money. Absolute crooks.
Login to Me Too

Esc0
Contributor
Contributor
This is terrible. Same is happening to me . Customer got his delivery today and my funds are still on hold.
Login to Me Too

Piticli

Crazy, same thing happening here. Now I'm debating if to even send the item wtf...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.