Money On Hold but Item Delivered Successfully

Cameron1391
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can anyone help me with this.

I sold an item on Ebay last April, and shipped it on the day the buyer paid for it. I added the tracking number to Ebay and my PayPal reciept, but was frustrated to see that my money is on hold for 21 days because I am a new ebay seller (although I sold something else a week prior and didn't  get this issue at all) 

Now I have contacted PayPal since I found out on May  7 the item was delivered successfully, and the tracking number updated the info.

PayPal support had acknowledged that the item was delivered, and I should recieve my funds within "3 business days" and if the money didn't get placed into my account on the 3rd day then get back in touch.

Well the 3rd day was yesteday and although they assured i'd get it sooner since the seller left me a positive review 4 days ago, PayPal have since not added my funds into my account.

So the buyer has the item, and I don't have the money. Is this fair?

I have contacted PayPal again and they said they'd get back in touch with me but nobody is replying or answering and it's been days.

Money is even supposed to be put in on May 13 but they assured i'd get it early a week ago within 3 days but that didn't happen, and now i'm getting really frustrated.

What should I do?  

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Bonniekoger84
New Community Member
Me too I am from the same buyer from 50 times and I don’t understand why the hell I can’t get my money I’m getting really **bleep** off
Login to Me Too

Pearelectronics
Contributor
Contributor
Those **bleep** Get a dog up you PayPal
Login to Me Too

Boxababe
Contributor
Contributor
Same!! Over £200 pound on hold from 8 different sales over 2 weeks ago , all items marked as delivered the next day . Funny thing is , my first few sales I received the money straight away . Then maybe 25 sales later , I’ve started getting holds . Don’t know why as I have no negative reviews or open cases . All I know is , I’m no longer going to rush the post office the same day to get my parcels out , nor am I going to pay for tracked delivery as pay pal or eBay don’t update the tracking 😂 I have 4 items that have been delivered over a week ago and received positive feedback for . But still no money .. part the reason for selling my items is because I need money . Not pay for tracked deliveries and still be left waiting 2 weeks for a payment . It’s a joke . My PayPal was fine until I linked it with eBay
Login to Me Too

Jordangarland
New Community Member
Same thing I’d happening to me except on Depop my package was successfully delivered but my money has been on hold for over 3 weeks. And cannot get in touch with a representative due to COVID-19
Login to Me Too

LannahF
Contributor
Contributor

Hey the same thing has happened to me. I posted my package on the same day the buyer bought it, added tracked delivery and days later the buyer confirmed delivery and left a positive 5 star review. PayPal has still got my money on hold and its £60 and I don't know what to do. Have you received your payment yet? 

#moneyonhold #paypalkeepingmymoney #itemdelivered 

Login to Me Too

Dwnhm
Contributor
Contributor
The exact same thing is happening to me as well, the buyer has received the parcel and I am yet to get my money from the hold. I updated my tracking info to “processed” and therefore should’ve got my money today.
Login to Me Too

libbymae_
New Community Member
Did you ever get your money??? I’m currently in the same situation and although the buyer has received the item, i still havent got the money and i can’t get in touch with anyone coz of covid 😞
Login to Me Too

Anapuri1
New Community Member

Glad to hear you eventually got your money. I have several Paypal agents tell me to contact eBay. I contacted eBay and they said to contact Paypal. I called Paypal back and they said to "call the customer"! WTF!!!! Isn't that what I paid them for?

The customer just purchased a product. He isn't looking for a PenPal. Paypal doesn't tell you this until AFTER they have your money in hand. Paypal cannot release funds to me but they can take their share? 

I have spoken to 3 different agents and all told me that my "money will be released in 24 hours". I'm now in the 2nd week of the 24 hr period. I was told this is "common practice". False! If they paid via CC, I would have my money already. 

Never Again!

Login to Me Too

DJ1976
They use the money in their accoint to gain interest. They are a scam. I habe reported their theft to the police!
Login to Me Too

AlJolivet
New Community Member
Same has happened to me. What's frustrating is that I've ran over 100k through this account with no hiccups. Very frustrating & unprofessional. It's so hard to reach anyone that can help. I think this year will be my last on this platform. Two thumbs down!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.