Money On Hold but Item Delivered Successfully

Cameron1391
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can anyone help me with this.

I sold an item on Ebay last April, and shipped it on the day the buyer paid for it. I added the tracking number to Ebay and my PayPal reciept, but was frustrated to see that my money is on hold for 21 days because I am a new ebay seller (although I sold something else a week prior and didn't  get this issue at all) 

Now I have contacted PayPal since I found out on May  7 the item was delivered successfully, and the tracking number updated the info.

PayPal support had acknowledged that the item was delivered, and I should recieve my funds within "3 business days" and if the money didn't get placed into my account on the 3rd day then get back in touch.

Well the 3rd day was yesteday and although they assured i'd get it sooner since the seller left me a positive review 4 days ago, PayPal have since not added my funds into my account.

So the buyer has the item, and I don't have the money. Is this fair?

I have contacted PayPal again and they said they'd get back in touch with me but nobody is replying or answering and it's been days.

Money is even supposed to be put in on May 13 but they assured i'd get it early a week ago within 3 days but that didn't happen, and now i'm getting really frustrated.

What should I do?  

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

mushroomjazz
Contributor
Contributor

This same exact situation is happening to me. All we can do is wait and see when King Paypal will release our funds.

Login to Me Too

Kanga83
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get your money?  We are in the same situation.  It is frustrating that you cannot contact PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Cameron1391
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Kanga , yes I eventually did get the money although I did not enjoy the experience.

After contacting Paypal on Facebook repeatedly asking why they said since I was a new ebay user I had to wait first off for the holding time. I got real **bleep** at them and said the seller has the item delivered and is owning it while I have nothing. I even showed them the delivery status and tracking number. After that they quickly lifted the hold and sent the money through. Overall for me it was a negative experience (but the buyer was very nice and also gave me a 5 star review the moment he got it so I don't know why PayPal took so long originally).  Also after that I had to pay ebay a seller fee within 15 days Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Best situation is to contact Paypal over Facebook Messenger. I am not going to sell on ebay ever again thanks for nothing PayPal. I really hope in the future ebay and paypal get rid of this practice, it is very corrupt

Login to Me Too

Jessys83x
Hi Cam, just wondering what you texted PayPal on Facebook because am in the same situation x
Login to Me Too

JonathanLewis1
New Community Member
Same as others items has been sent and I still haven’t had my payment and have listing fee to be payed honestly PayPal and eBay are scamming you for useing the service 3.10 off PayPal and 2.00 from eBay
Login to Me Too

Cbdollx1
New Community Member
Hi I recently sold something to someone through Depop and they received it within the next day and the buyer actually left a good review and my money is still on hold, I don’t understand what’s going on
Login to Me Too

macyonmars
New Community Member
the same exact situation is happening to me. they left a review and i added tracking info to paypal and depop. it’s so frustrating
Login to Me Too

cheliii
Contributor
Contributor
same queen
Login to Me Too

How long do they take to respond on Facebook ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.