Money Disappearing

KNRund
New Community Member
First time PayPal user. My roommate sent me rent money over PayPal, and I proceeded to try to transfer it to my bank; however, several hours later I got emails from PayPal saying my bank was rejected, the transaction didn't go through, bank would not be connected to my account, etc. But the money is gone from my PayPal and was not returned to my roommate, so where is it?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KNRund 

Since you were transferring funds from your PayPal balance to your bank account, the money would go back to your PayPal account, not your friend's account unless you issued a refund to your friend from within the original payment transaction. As soon as the funds are back in your PayPal account, you may issue a refund to your friend if you want. 

If you do not see the funds returned to your PayPal balance in a few days, up to 14 days, contact PayPal customer service to put a trace on it. Also find out from customer service why your bank account was rejected. (Maybe the name on PayPal account does not match name on bank account for instance).

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KNRund 

Since you were transferring funds from your PayPal balance to your bank account, the money would go back to your PayPal account, not your friend's account unless you issued a refund to your friend from within the original payment transaction. As soon as the funds are back in your PayPal account, you may issue a refund to your friend if you want. 

If you do not see the funds returned to your PayPal balance in a few days, up to 14 days, contact PayPal customer service to put a trace on it. Also find out from customer service why your bank account was rejected. (Maybe the name on PayPal account does not match name on bank account for instance).

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.