Money Direct Debit Wrong

Bill3004
Contributor
Contributor

My balance was negative 161.83 euros. Then, I topped up my account with 300 euros to refilled that negative balance. However, Paypal directly took money from my bank with 161.83 euros that I already refilled with 300 euros. I can not contact them cause I send email but they still not response yet

Please!! How can I get my money back?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bill3004 

Normally when you pay a seller its never instant from your bank account, paypal CREDIT the seller then paypal takes the wait for the funds to transfer.

Paypal uses the slowest (cheapest) transfer option and funds may take up to a week to transfer.

HOWEVER if you have a negative balance and add funds to clear it then paypal don't CREDIT your balance in advance, so you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer, IF in the meantime paypal take funds as well then that is 2 payments going to your paypal balance.

SO the first one to get there will clear your negative amount and be credited to your balance and when the second one arrives that too will be credited to your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bill3004
Contributor
Contributor

so with mean, I have been charged twice and not getting 161.83 euros back?  @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bill3004 

Try READING my post above.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bill3004
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
Cause my English kinda sucks
So your explanation might a little bit confuse to me so I list what happened out:
First: I don't have money on my debit card, and I use Paypal which links to my debit card.

Second: Cause I have no money in debit card yet, my balance in Paypal was negative 161.83 ( ~2 euro for a fee)

Third: I topped up the account and then Paypal automatical clear the negative and still have some remainder cause I add 300 euros

Fourth: After a few days, I checked my bank account transaction noticed that 162 euros had taken by Paypal after negative already clear. And my balance on Paypal still not having any 162 euros back.

Sorry for my stupidity cause your explain still confuse me. So as I understood, that I have to wait for 162 euros back to my balance?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.