Missing money

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have transferred £50.00 from my bank to PayPal but has not appeared in my PayPal balance. I have contacted PayPal via message and they have told me they cannot find the transaction. So I contacted the bank an they have told me it has definitely been sent to them. I have sent £34.00 after to check if it was a problem but that has been instantly added to the balance. SINCE THEN NO REPLY FROM THE PAYPAL HELP MESSAGE Think they need to sort there customer service out !!
Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
It’s ridiculous. For me, PayPal are now saying the money is gone as it’s ‘with the bank’ and obviously my bank are disputing that as it’s clearly in PayPal’s bank. So I need to find out where to take it further, not having PayPal steal my money like this.
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
They have not admitted that it’s a problem they are facing and I will receive the funds within 72 hours. So let’s see if not I will definitely be taking it up with the small claims
Login to Me Too

Czuspin
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem, only my missing amount is 681f
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
Have you heard anything? Over a week with the money missing now...
Login to Me Too

Czuspin
Contributor
Contributor
today is the 10th working day. You emailed me yesterday that the money will be sent by 24 hours and I will receive information by email, but I got nothing! Has anyone recovered their money?
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
Nope got promised I would in 72 hours but still nothing it’s been 12 days now
Login to Me Too

Czuspin
Contributor
Contributor
the same for me, I sent a confirmation of the transfer from the bank and a letter from the bank with the money went to the paypal account and today they have to find my money. telephone and email contact with paypal is tragic. Today the Lord claimed that my application was received on November 29, but I reported it on November 20 and I sent him the screen of the conversation and they still apologize but they do nothing
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
I have done the exact same they have told me I will get a call today but I have gave them a reasonable deadline and if it’s not resolved by 3pm I will be taking it to the small claims what else can you do when they are blaming you haha it’s there fault an they know it
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal have now told me that I need to ask the bank for the money back. Completely wrong as the money is with them. I’m going to have to take it further, I’d recommend going to the financial ombudsman aswell as they charge PayPal £500, they deserve it after this. Customer service is an absolute joke!
Login to Me Too

Czuspin
Contributor
Contributor
exactly where can you report them? they mislead people and promise the money will come back. I have problems with living because of them about food, not to mention (my amount as PayPal keeps it 681f! I will let you know today because they promised that the money will come back today.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.