Missing money

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have transferred £50.00 from my bank to PayPal but has not appeared in my PayPal balance. I have contacted PayPal via message and they have told me they cannot find the transaction. So I contacted the bank an they have told me it has definitely been sent to them. I have sent £34.00 after to check if it was a problem but that has been instantly added to the balance. SINCE THEN NO REPLY FROM THE PAYPAL HELP MESSAGE Think they need to sort there customer service out !!
Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had exactly the same issue. Transferred from my bank and they’ve taken it and now can’t locate the payment due to a ‘system bug’ and are claiming the money went back to my bank. It’s an outright lie and they have the money somewhere but I’m now fearing it’s lost. The bank can’t help as the payment has gone through, who do we speak to to report PayPal for this?
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
It’s a joke lew, I replied literally a few mins after and they didn’t even reply! I have no idea who to contact but I have rang my bank and asked them to set up a refund. I know it’s not a lot of money & im glad it isn’t but still how can money disappear and then they say they havnt got it when clearly they have lol
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
My bank say they can’t help as PayPal have already ‘accepted’ the payment. I’ve been told 3 different things by PayPal and now I just think it’s a dodgy scam to make money off the interest.
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
It’s stupid, I don’t understand why PayPal take like 12hours to reply & the phone lines are shut. Anyone who work for PayPal can work from home surly and answer a phone lol Let me know when you’ve sorted it & I will do the same 👍
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal informed me that their system issues are now resolved so if the money isn’t in my account, it’s been lost. I’m going to have to contact some sort of authority over this as it’s a large amount of money and they’ve just lost it. I’m furious.
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
How are you evening contacting them I havnt even had a response since Friday morning lol wtf that is stupid
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
On the message centre but I wouldn’t bother, you’ll just end up more confused.
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
Have you heard anything yet?
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
Yes been told two different things by two different agents loool!! One says should have gone in instant-2hrs & they are monitoring my account for the next 72 hours so some reason The other one said can take up to 10days but I have sent more money to the balance the same as I did and it went through instant just to prove that I have got all the correct info / details Wby?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.