Missing money?

Lulabel123
Contributor
Contributor
Usually, since using PayPal for over 3 years in this way, transferred money appears in my bank within 10 minutes. Since the website updated, I've been waiting almost 24 hours. It's fine from the sender's account, PayPal say it's a completed transaction, and my bank say there are no issues with incomes. Anyone else having this problem?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lulabel123

Allow a few hours after 'completed' and it should show up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rik71
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I think it relates to changes in the way you withdraw money on PayPal. No one on these forums seems to have any solid info though. Be nice if someone at PayPal could confirm the problem exists and provide information on when it will be fixed, or a workaround. 

Login to Me Too

Rik71
Contributor
Contributor

Okay I've found a fix for this. If you withdraw the money using the PayPal phone app rather than logging in through your browser, the money goes straight through to your bank account as normal.

Login to Me Too

Lulabel123
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. Too late for me now, and never had a problem before, but I'll install the app for future. Luckily I have family to help me out but I can't go 4 days with no money again.
Login to Me Too

Magie-Financiè
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Lulabel123

Allow a few hours after 'completed' and it should show up.

I can vouch that it does state completed but takes a further 24-72 hours or more to show in the bank. Clearly further additions to their hold system, which is not acceptable. I am calling later to give our Irish friends over at PayPal a piece of the community's mind.

Some people rely on PayPal withdrawals and the bank holiday was almost 7 days ago now. They should get their ar*e in gear and sort their own website out, as clearly this problem is technical and not a delay from Easter.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Magie-Financiè

Hi, do you mind not copying my posts all the while with my userid in it?

Only then I get inundated with emails / notifications and when I check them its just you adding my i.d onto your reply.

Thanks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lulabel123
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, this isn't ideal, I've had to borrow from family to eat this weekend! If you find out anymore, please post a reply. Be interesting to know why this has happened when I've been using it for 3 years with no delays. I have bills going out too that will luckily be covered this time but maybe not in future. If this is ongoing, I need to adjust for that. Thank you though.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.