Metrobank Debit link to Paypal

Temp20230525ad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would just like to clarify on some matters pertaining the Metrobank account linking to Paypal.

There have been some posts stating that one CANNOT link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:
http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/linking_paypal_account_to_metrobank_atm_account/13-1-0-29...

And those that CAN link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:

http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/how_to_link_metrobank_account_to_paypal_account/13-1-0-30...

Hence, I would just like to know if I really CAN link my Metrobank account to my Paypal account and TRANSFER FROM the Metrobank account INTO my Paypal?

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

PrescillaF
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to link my Metrobank Debit card but I cannot use it on online purchases. It doesn't work. When I click Pay Now using the card it just keeps on loading with the "Processing" page and returns to the Pay Now page again and again and after several tries, this message appears: "Unfortunately your payment attempt was not successful. Please try again or contact support."

pay.PNG

Any advise?

Login to Me Too

MarlonBrando
New Community Member

I also got this problem... I spend almost 1000 pesos because of this error. I'm so frustrated and needed my money now... Huhuhu. I've used my 13 digit account number and also my Account name. But still it keeps on saying that error message..

Login to Me Too

darry_b

Hey guys!

Newbie here.

Anyone tried here to link their PayPal account to a Metrobank Joint account (passbook)? Is it possible? I'm planning to transfer my PayPal funds there. 

Any response will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

papey
New Community Member

If I link my debit/credit card to paypal using Metrobank for example. Am I able to transfer funds from the bank to my paypal account? Or it will automatically deducted to my debit/credit card if I made online purchase? Thanks

Login to Me Too

fanyann_14

Hi I'm also a newbie i tried linking my Metrobank but i can't get the four digit code it just said ETMCISALE nothing more. But I have already deducted from the linking process.

Login to Me Too

ayoygilera

@fanyann_14

Hi! Just wanna ask if you already verify your account thru Metrobank Debit Card? Please help me if so. Where can i find the 4 digit code? ETMCISALE only appears in my history. Can't find the 4 digit code 😞 Please help me.

Login to Me Too

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm experiencing the same concern now. I just tried verifying my Paypal account with my Metrobank account using the debit card I have. It's only been a few hours since I activated it. I see the charge on my online banking but it only says "ETMCISALE" on the description. They say I have to wait a few days for it to be complete. But it looks complete to me. Is there something I'm missing? How is your account now? Has it been verified?

@ayoygilera wrote:

@fanyann_14

Hi! Just wanna ask if you already verify your account thru Metrobank Debit Card? Please help me if so. Where can i find the 4 digit code? ETMCISALE only appears in my history. Can't find the 4 digit code 😞 Please help me.

Login to Me Too

TotoyChicken
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been 5 hrs for me and i dont see any deposit or withdrawals by paypal...
Login to Me Too

iceblueeyes
Contributor
Contributor
For me it took 1 to 2 business days. I have successfully link metrobank on paypal. I have been charged php200 for verifying twice. I suggest you wait out until the code appears on online bank transaction history, before requesting for the code again on paypal. I am still waiting for the php200 to be credited.
Login to Me Too

Daryl12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi is the issue solve? I want to link also my Metrobank debit card but I saw this issue and I don't know if its ok now? Thanks hope your response

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.