Metrobank Debit link to Paypal

Temp20230525ad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would just like to clarify on some matters pertaining the Metrobank account linking to Paypal.

There have been some posts stating that one CANNOT link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:
http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/linking_paypal_account_to_metrobank_atm_account/13-1-0-29...

And those that CAN link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:

http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/how_to_link_metrobank_account_to_paypal_account/13-1-0-30...

Hence, I would just like to know if I really CAN link my Metrobank account to my Paypal account and TRANSFER FROM the Metrobank account INTO my Paypal?

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry Donald, I didn't read your message carefully. The routing number is 026002846 (I only Googled this). 

By the way, for everyone else, I learned that if I transfer money from Paypal before 8AM Philippine time, then I get the money in my bank the next day. I believe this is because Paypal is using UTC for it's timezone. So if I do transactions 8AM and beyond, then I receive them the day after tomorrow (2 days after). Hope this helps! 🙂

Login to Me Too

thislioness
Contributor
Contributor

@Michikoi wrote:

Sorry Donald, I didn't read your message carefully. The routing number is 026002846 (I only Googled this). 

By the way, for everyone else, I learned that if I transfer money from Paypal before 8AM Philippine time, then I get the money in my bank the next day. I believe this is because Paypal is using UTC for it's timezone. So if I do transactions 8AM and beyond, then I receive them the day after tomorrow (2 days after). Hope this helps! 🙂

Hi, @Michikoi !

how long did you have to wait the first time you've withdrawn money to your metrobank account?

I already fixed my account number to 13 digits and tried to transfer money from my paypal balance to to my metrobank debit card and its been 2 days but it still wasn't reflected in my debit card. on my paypal summary, its already been completed yesterday. 

PS. where did you use the routing number for? I hadn't encountered that term in my entire widrawing process. 

Please help me. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

@thislioness I only waited 24 hours since it was before 8AM PH time when I made the transfer. If you've made the transfer 8AM or onwards, then it will be credited on your Metrobank account 2 business days after. 

Ex: if you withdrew to your bank on June 28 8:00AM or later (meaning 8:01 onwards), then you should receive it on July 2. But if you withdrew on June 28 up to 7:59 AM, then you should have received it on June 29 00:00. 

Can you please check what time you withdrew to your bank? 

Login to Me Too

thislioness
Contributor
Contributor

@Michikoi wrote:

@thislioness I only waited 24 hours since it was before 8AM PH time when I made the transfer. If you've made the transfer 8AM or onwards, then it will be credited on your Metrobank account 2 business days after. 

Ex: if you withdrew to your bank on June 28 8:00AM or later (meaning 8:01 onwards), then you should receive it on July 2. But if you withdrew on June 28 up to 7:59 AM, then you should have received it on June 29 00:00. 

Can you please check what time you withdrew to your bank? 

hi, thanks for the fast reply, I did it on june 27 at half past 10AM. 

Login to Me Too

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

you should have received that today Jun29, unless you're in a place where you have a local holiday...my first transfer did not exceed 24 hours...

Login to Me Too

thislioness
Contributor
Contributor

@Michikoi wrote:

you should have received that today Jun29, unless you're in a place where you have a local holiday...my first transfer did not exceed 24 hours...

I don't think there's any local holiday this week. I live in Gensan. 

One more question: What do you need the routing number for? 

Login to Me Too

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

they use the routing number to identify which bank your account belongs to...

anyways, maybe you should try contacting Metrobank's customer service regarding the transaction...

Login to Me Too

thislioness
Contributor
Contributor

okay, I'll do that. Thanks 

Login to Me Too

thislioness
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I got my money today June 30, 2018 @00:01 AM. I used my 13-digit account number as it is.

It took more than 3 days and come saturday, I already lost hope that I'll be able to get my money, I thought I messed up my name because I only put my name without my middle name but, I got it. It's probably different for everyone. 

So my advice is, use the 13-digit number as it is (without adding 3 zero's (000) at the end or beg of the account number, paypal will accept it either way)

Make sure that the name on your card is the same with your name in paypal but don't bother with the middle initial, paypal has that in there system even though we can't see it. 

Don't panic if you saw that your withdraw is complete but hasn't reflected on paypal yet, it takes a crap ton of time for that to go through, give it 5 business days.

Your messages really help me and I hope this helps too. May we all get our funds from paypal.

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

TotoyChicken
Contributor
Contributor
Hey may i ask how long did it take for paypal to confirm your bank account cause it shows me that type is checking and status and confirmed....
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.