Metrobank Debit link to Paypal

Temp20230525ad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would just like to clarify on some matters pertaining the Metrobank account linking to Paypal.

There have been some posts stating that one CANNOT link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:
http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/linking_paypal_account_to_metrobank_atm_account/13-1-0-29...

And those that CAN link their Metrobank accounts to Paypal, such as this:

http://www.affordablecebu.com/load/banking/how_to_link_metrobank_account_to_paypal_account/13-1-0-30...

Hence, I would just like to know if I really CAN link my Metrobank account to my Paypal account and TRANSFER FROM the Metrobank account INTO my Paypal?

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

PayPal_david

Hi there Lithium4307.

Welcome to the Community!

If you are trying to link a credit/debit card to PayPal, you will be able to do this once the card is issued by Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Discover. The card needs to have a 16 digit card number, expiry date and 3 digit CVV number on the back.

You can do this by clicking the 'Wallet' icon on PayPal and then by adding the credit/debit card to your PayPal account.

It's not possible to add funds from a credit/debit card to a UK PayPal account at this time. Once you have the card linked to PayPal, you can use the card to fund payments from your account on the PayPal website. 

David.

Login to Me Too

Pmadolora
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I would just like to clarify on some matters pertaining the Metrobank account linking to Paypal. I’m just confused. I have the same issue and PayPal have been collected 500Php from my PayPal account for the money-back transaction caused by the failure of money transfer to my metrobank account. What account number should I put in linking my metrobank account? The account number is only 13 numbers and the card number is 16. Which one should we put in the linking?
Login to Me Too

Ryle_xix
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

The account number of our MetroBank accounts are found on the bottom part of our credit/debit card, sir. It is the 13-digit code separated by dashes. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Pmadolora
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it’s only 13 but they’re asking for 16 numbers? What should I do to qualify what they’re asking for? Add three zeros? Where? At the beggining or in the end?
Login to Me Too

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same concern right now...I tried linking my MBTC account without any zeros so I just used the 13 digit account number and not the 16 digit card number...I am currently waiting for the transfer to my savings account. 

Hopefully I will get it tomorrow, it might be because of the holidays that's why it has not been transferred yet. But I am hoping I did link my account properly. 

Has anyone been successful so far in linking a savings account from Metrobank to Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Yeeha999
New Community Member
Why i still didn't get my money out its already been completed transaction , i wan't to use my metrobank debit card to withdraw my funds on my paypal account and its already been gone on my account and its still didnt come through on my metrobank card and i can't issue and refund for it please guys help me i really really need the money
Login to Me Too

princeszy10
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, have you solved this problem? I am having this problem right now. I transferred to abank account but not yet received it. It has been already 10 days since i transferred the money. Please helo me how did you solve it. Thanks
Login to Me Too

donalddeluna
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Michikoi!

I have the same problem, did you managed to make it link your Metrobank Savings Account to your Paypal account?

If Yes, can you share how you do that, what is the routing number ?

Thanks,

Donald

Login to Me Too

Michikoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Donald, 

Yes, it's working now. I've been using my Metrobank card now for Paypal transactions. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.