Max Confirmation Tries Errors and customer support reset doesn't help

Cloud3799
New Community Member

The customer support is a joke, I've tried about 5 times to fix this problem, same responses: "wait 72 hours and link again." "wait 5 days to link again". It has never worked. I waited 3 months also to see if the system can reset and let my link my bank account and after all that waiting it just doesn't work. I hope someone here can help me with this. Customer service resets never worked either.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Cloud3799. Thanks for taking the time to post your message here on the PayPal Community Forum. Not being able to add a bank account to your PayPal account is a definite concern. I hope the following information is helpful.

Based on your mention of waiting three months and still not being able to add your bank account, it's likely PayPal's Security System is not going to allow that action. The Security System reviews all actions and transactions and determines if they can be completed. The System might re-set after some time, but if the action or transaction can't be completed after three months, that indicates it will never be possible to complete it.

This is not a problem to be fixed, however. The Security System is one way PayPal manages the risks involved in operating as a worldwide Money Services Business and the only option after such a long time would be to try linking a different bank account or try linking a card or other payment method. I'm sorry if this poses any difficulty or frustration, but the Security System can't be adjusted to allow a blocked action or transaction to be completed since that would defeat the purpose of the System in the first place.

I hope this is helpful, at least in terms of letting you know the addition of the bank account you're trying to link likely won't be allowed and it would be best to try using a different bank account. Thanks for your kind understanding that one of PayPal's highest priorities is the safety and security of the network and the safety and security of every customer's information and transactions.

Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.