MONEY WAS ON HOLD, NOW GONE

JSTEFANIK
Contributor
Contributor

MY ACCOUNT WAS ON HOLD, MY ACCOUNT WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR SELLING GUNS.  (DID NOT KNOW YOU COULD NOT DO THIS).  UNDERSTAND WHY GOT PUT ON HOLD.  PAYPAL WAS HOLDING MY MONEY FOR 180 DAYS.  I HAVE WAITED NOW THE 180 DAYS.  WHEN I CHECK NOW MY MONEY IS GONE.  WHEN I LOOK BELOW, SAYS WAS MOVED TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT ON SEPT. 22.  MY ACCOUNT SAYS ZERO DOLLARS.  TRING TO FIND MY MONEY?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JSTEFANIK 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JSTEFANIK
Contributor
Contributor

THANKS, I DID NOT HAVE ANY DISPUTES. WAS THINKING AT 180 DAYS I COULD MOVE MY TO MY BANK ACCOUNT.  WHEN LOGGING ON TODAY, SAYS MONEY WAS MOVED TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT.  BUT MY ACCOUNT SAYS ZERO DOLLARS.  TRIED CALLING or MESSAGING PAYPAL BUT YOU CAN'T GET WITH THEM.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JSTEFANIK 

Did you not bother to read the link on funds confiscation for limitations that violate the acceptable use policy?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.