MONEY ON HOLD FOR 11 DAYS

Quadzilla444
Contributor
Contributor

I sent my brother 55 USD about 11 days ago.

He hasn't yet received it, it's on **bleep**ing hold.

Of course, he doesn't have a button that says "get your funds".

We basically don't know what to do, since, it should never take up to 11 days

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Quadzilla444 

Its down to how the payment was sent to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold as per below link. They would also charge a fee.

https://www.paypal.com/cz/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297?app...

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee if funded from a bank account or balance (a fee if you use a card).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Quadzilla444
Contributor
Contributor

Okay well,

apparently paypal sees this as a seller/purchase thing, so i have to add tracking info, which I can't, because it doesn't actually show the "Add tracking Info" button, nor does it show anything actually, it only shows info, to whom and from who, and some protection and repeat this transaction.
Actually nice, gotta wait 21 days to get it, wooo pogU.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Quadzilla444 

Well they would only 'see it' as a seller / purchase thing if you sent it that way by mistake?

You don't have to wait 21 days, did you actually read the link I posted?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.