Lost refund

harban
New Community Member

I was sent a sum of $284.00 from Sheelagh<removed> on April 22/20 Transaction #2AV77476MG4413648 that I have never received.I checked with the sender and paypal has taken the money from her account. I am still trying to receive my funds from you. Harry <removed>

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Willymartin
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed an item that failed to arrive last fall and received a message from paypal that they were issuing a refund of $53.02 to my bank account on oct 7, 2019 .  It never arrived. I am still trying to get paypal to trace where the refund went without success.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@harban 

This is not customer services its a community forum.

Did they send in CAD or USD?

And if it was USD have you got that added as a receiving currency on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Willymartin
Contributor
Contributor

I am well aware this is a community forum.  It is one of the only recommendations I have received from Paypal through a frustrating process to get someone to trace this lost refund.  My purpose in posting was to echo the previous poster that obtaining refunds from Paypal is not an easy process.  

In my case, the item was disputed and after a time the message from PayPal to me is that they were issuing a refund of $53.02 CA to my bank account from which I had paid for the item.  That refund has never appeared in my account and I seem unable to get someone from Paypal in the dispute or customer service departments to trace where the funds went.  There is an endless round of messages stating someone will get back to me in a few hours and then circling back to the dispute issue and that the funds were refunded. Very frustrating that no one human is available to answer for the process or the problem. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willymartin 

You  may well be aware its a community forum which is why my above post was directed at @harban who's thread this is and who's post I answered and was not directed at you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.