Lost my wallet!

wb4dei38
Contributor
Contributor
Lost my wallet and ALL the credit cards in it! For some reason, Paypal won’t let me delete a card I’d been using through PayPal! Seems pretty stupid! If they try to process a payment through that card, they’ll get an immediate rejection and I’ll get a fraud alert! Why companies like Paypal make it difficult/impossible to preform commonsence tasks is amazing to me! Go ahead Paypal...try and use that card! I had it cancelled and Paypal will be the subject of a fraud alert!! Good job!!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wb4dei38

They would only stop you removing a card if it was linked to a pending transaction or subscription....

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wb4dei38
Contributor
Contributor
I checked even though I already knew. I have no subscriptions/reoccurring payments. Everything they showed me, going back to 2009, were one time purchases. It’s almost as if they’re worried that I won’t make purchases through them so they’ll hold a card (dead card) hostage! Very strange! I do, however, appreciate your feedback/suggestion! Thank you!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wb4dei38

Thing that confuses me is that i have never known paypal to stop you removing a card unless the account was limited.

Why not give them a call and ask them to remove it for you?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wb4dei38
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks again!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.