Lost bank statements containing deposit amounts for linking bank

Christofferson
New Community Member

I attempted to link my bank to my paypal account some time ago, and completely forgot about it.  I usually hastily look through my bank statements that I receive every month as I normally pay with most things in cash, aside from online orders and emergencies.  I probably scanned over the deposit amounts that I needed to enter in to confirm my bank to my Paypal account, and then threw away the statement.  Now, I can't remember how long ago this was, probably over a year, and I now once again, would like to have my account and bank linked, but it's still asking for the same deposit amounts.

My question is, can I remove my bank, and then try to link it again?  Like, receive two new deposit amounts some time next week, and then not be a doofus and forget this time?  Or should I try to get one of the bank representatives to look through my records for the old deposit amounts?  (Again this was probably over a year ago)  I would call them today, but it's an hour before they close on a Friday, so I know they're super busy and don't have time for this.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Christofferson 

Don't you have online banking and you can see/get copies of bank statements from a year ago? If not, be able to search your bank activity for the deposits online from a year ago? Otherwise, you likely have to call your bank for those deposits.

Note that when a bank account is added but not confirmed you can still withdraw to it, just can't add funds to PayPal or pay with bank account during checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Christofferson 

Don't you have online banking and you can see/get copies of bank statements from a year ago? If not, be able to search your bank activity for the deposits online from a year ago? Otherwise, you likely have to call your bank for those deposits.

Note that when a bank account is added but not confirmed you can still withdraw to it, just can't add funds to PayPal or pay with bank account during checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

123Rehan
Contributor
Contributor
I am not asking about PayPal deposit amount so by mistake I am putting rong deposit amount and after that I am trying many times to link account but can't link if have any way to solve this problem please give me Idea
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.