Linking debit card to acct.

Kitt2
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Last evening I tried to link up a new credit card—problem is, only two sections came up. The first was where I put in the debit card number and the second was a four digit place to put in the code for the card. Did this four times and each came back with a note above, in red, that stated more information was needed. Kept checking to make sure I’d put the numbers in correctly which is why I did it four times! but this morning, I logged in and everything worked perfectly. And my four digit code was not requested!! Anyone know what happened yesterday? Should I replace this new card as PayPal, or someone phishing it, now has my card number and code? Thanks very much.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kitt2 

Did you get the code from your card statement after adding it to confirm it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kitt2
Contributor
Contributor
I put in the 16 digits from the credit card itself, this is a new card so I don’t yet have a statement, and then the 4 digit code that you use when you’re purchasing an item in a store.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kitt2 

No, you don't put in your 'pin number' or whatever you call it in your country.

Read this link it will explain more..........

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-link-and-confirm-my-credit-or-debit-card-faq156...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kitt2
Contributor
Contributor
I know now, especially since everything went so smoothly today. But I’ve already put in my code so my question is: should I drop this card since PayPal, or someone else!, now has all the numbers, or just let things stay as they are? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @Kitt2,

Thank you for your post!

Did you try to link a new card directly logging in to your account? If this is the case, you don't have to get a new card. If you, instead, filled in the information answering to a phishing email, I would suggest you cancel the card and change your password and security questions in PayPal. 

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Kitt2
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, Jenny—exactly what I was looking for! 😜
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.