Linking bank account

getupandshine
Contributor
Contributor

I am no longer able to withdraw funds to my bank account, because Paypal will not let me link to Bank of America. I have tried NUMEROUS times to get this matter resolved through 1) Online Message, 2) Paypal Community, 3) Phone customer service. All paths led to the same dead end: "We are unable to link your bank account at this time" without any helpful explanation or paths for follow up. Why am I unable to link back to a bank account that had been previously confirmed? I am using the same device as before, and all of the stated criteria for linking a bank account have been met.  Paypal has not responded to my messages at the Messaging Center nor email. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@getupandshine 

Firstly BOA isn't payoneer is it? Only if so then paypal does not support payoneer, you can sometimes add an account but it doesn't normally work properly and paypal advise you against trying.

Secondly have you linked that bank account to ANY paypal account 3 times? If so then you can't link it again as you can only link a bank to any paypal account 3 times in that banks lifetime.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

getupandshine
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding! You're the first responder after weeks of me trying to figure this out, and for that I am grateful.
Bank of America is not Payoneer. I am trying to connect a new Checking account I opened with BoA, and I only have one Paypal account... so the "3 account link" rule is not applicable in my situation. The only links I tried to establish with this account were failed attempts at linking it. Does this response ring any other bells? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.