Linking a Card isn't Working

chester-freeeup
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone. I wanted to withdraw some funds from PayPal but every time I tried linking a card it kept giving me this message:

Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions.

I contacted my bank but they told me to ask PayPal for help because they couldn’t do anything about it. They mentioned something about a channel as a workaround to this problem but they couldn’t give me any more details. I'm from the Philippines and I'm using a Debit MasterCard. The link a card page lists "credit card" but my bank (BPI) assured me that I didn't need one for withdrawals, that my debit card would suffice. Any help would be great. Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

chester-freeeup
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this issue has been resolved. Your friend will need to install the GCash app. Before making any transactions, they'll first need to link an account. This can be done by going to the top left drop-down menu and selecting My Linked Accounts. PayPal should be available on the list. A confirmation message will be sent after an email address has been provided. Then select Cash In from the dashboard and go to PayPal under the Remittance section. Their PayPal balance should reflect onscreen, if not, they'll have to select Philippine Pesos as their main currency and/or convert any foreign denomination into Philippine Pesos from their PayPal account. 

The funds transferred will show up as an available balance on the app. Follow the same steps of linking an account to be able to link BPI with GCash. Finally your friend can put funds into her bank account by selecting Bank Transfer from the dashboard and choosing BPI from the Select Partner Banks section. From what I remember, sending less than ₱500 will cause the transaction not to go through so I recommend transferring increments equal to or greater than that amount. 

I hope this helps you and your friend. Have a good one! 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Aurora0101
Has this been resolved? My friend has the same problem and same bank (BPI mastercard)
Login to Me Too
Solved

chester-freeeup
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this issue has been resolved. Your friend will need to install the GCash app. Before making any transactions, they'll first need to link an account. This can be done by going to the top left drop-down menu and selecting My Linked Accounts. PayPal should be available on the list. A confirmation message will be sent after an email address has been provided. Then select Cash In from the dashboard and go to PayPal under the Remittance section. Their PayPal balance should reflect onscreen, if not, they'll have to select Philippine Pesos as their main currency and/or convert any foreign denomination into Philippine Pesos from their PayPal account. 

The funds transferred will show up as an available balance on the app. Follow the same steps of linking an account to be able to link BPI with GCash. Finally your friend can put funds into her bank account by selecting Bank Transfer from the dashboard and choosing BPI from the Select Partner Banks section. From what I remember, sending less than ₱500 will cause the transaction not to go through so I recommend transferring increments equal to or greater than that amount. 

I hope this helps you and your friend. Have a good one! 🙂

Login to Me Too

BearBroth
New Community Member

THIS ISSUE HAS NOT BE RESOLVED. Please stop responding as though it has been. It is happening as I type this (8/14/2020 @ 6:45pm CST). Cannot link a new card. 

Login to Me Too

chester-freeeup
Contributor
Contributor

Please read through the original message and solution once more. The question was not whether I can link a card to my account, because then the quickest way (but not most cost-effective) would be to apply for a credit card (but then my bank suggested to use a third party application), but rather to discover which third-party application would allow me to transfer funds from my PayPal account to my Bank Account. A solution was prescribed (albeit by myself since no one was responding), it was tested, it proved to be effective, and I, as the original inquirer, accept it as a solution. The problem HAS BEEN resolved for THIS particular instance and for this particular INDIVIDUAL.

Keep in mind that this solution specifically applies to people using a Globe Carrier Network, a GCash app, and a bank account in the Philippines (BPI in particular) so the solution may or may not apply to you. You are free to test this method, you are free to explore other methods, you are free to ignore it, and you are free to check with your bank to see what other solutions they may provide.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210226a

I have already linked my paypal account on my gcash? then when i try to input the information of my american express card on link credit card error message appears " Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions. " . I just need to verify my paypal account

Login to Me Too

Temp20210226a

I can't link my american express card it says " Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions." what do I need to do? please someone help me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.