Linking Visa Debit card

Viktorcpu
Contributor
Contributor

I can not link my Visa Debit card issued from ASB bank in New Zealand. The previous debit card from the same issuer worked ok but expired and now am trying to link the new card with no avail.  Am currently residing in EU.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Viktorcpu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

PayPal is country-specific so you would need to create the account in the country you live in. If you have registered the account in New Zealand and you live in Europe, you would need to create an account in the country where you live in Europe. 

In general, if you've tried to add your card to your PayPal account, but it was declined and you received an error message, it may be because:

• You entered an incorrect billing address. What to do: Check your card statement to ensure you're entering the correct address.
  • You linked your card to your PayPal account but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. What to do: Call us. We can help you finish linking your card.
  • Your card company did not accept the $1 temporary authorisation charge sent by PayPal when you tried to add the card. What to do: Call your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorisation from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again.

In addition, it may be possible that our internal security system is blocking it. Please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Viktorcpu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

PayPal is country-specific so you would need to create the account in the country you live in. If you have registered the account in New Zealand and you live in Europe, you would need to create an account in the country where you live in Europe. 

In general, if you've tried to add your card to your PayPal account, but it was declined and you received an error message, it may be because:

• You entered an incorrect billing address. What to do: Check your card statement to ensure you're entering the correct address.
  • You linked your card to your PayPal account but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. What to do: Call us. We can help you finish linking your card.
  • Your card company did not accept the $1 temporary authorisation charge sent by PayPal when you tried to add the card. What to do: Call your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorisation from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again.

In addition, it may be possible that our internal security system is blocking it. Please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Viktorcpu
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot Christina. As you suggest, first i will try to create new account in this country and see if that works. If not am gonna call you guys 🙂 10x again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.