Linking Visa Debit Card

Medje
Contributor
Contributor

When i try to link it, it's saying : This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Medje and welcome, 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues adding your card. There are a number of different reasons why a card can be declined when you are adding it to your PayPal account.  I have listed the most common ones below. 

Your card has previously been added to 2 different PayPal accounts. If your card has been added to 2 different PayPal accounts in the past, it cannot be added to a third. You entered an incorrect billing address. What to do: Check your card statement to ensure you're entering the correct address. You linked your card to your PayPal account, but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. What to do: Call us. We can help you finish linking your card. Your card company did not accept the $1 temporary authorisation charge sent by PayPal when you attempted to add the card. 

I would recommend calling your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorisation from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again.

I hope this helps,

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Medje and welcome, 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues adding your card. There are a number of different reasons why a card can be declined when you are adding it to your PayPal account.  I have listed the most common ones below. 

Your card has previously been added to 2 different PayPal accounts. If your card has been added to 2 different PayPal accounts in the past, it cannot be added to a third. You entered an incorrect billing address. What to do: Check your card statement to ensure you're entering the correct address. You linked your card to your PayPal account, but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. What to do: Call us. We can help you finish linking your card. Your card company did not accept the $1 temporary authorisation charge sent by PayPal when you attempted to add the card. 

I would recommend calling your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorisation from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again.

I hope this helps,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Medje
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much!
I send the document picture of me, i hope they accept it.
i wrote CSC incorrectly 3 times, that's the reason why i get block.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

@Medje, you are very welcome. If you have sent your document in they it may be that your card just needs to be re-enabled. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon. Thanks for the update. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Medje
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, i hope so.. Thanks again for the help! 

Login to Me Too

Lauratm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have the same problem, I call to my bank and say that is a comunication error server and try again, I tried but nothing, I can't link my card. Is a new master card, I use paypal from 10 years, I don't have problem till now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi Lauratm,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.