Linking Debit Card

SacResell
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm trying to link my debit card to my paypal acocunt. When I try to link it, it says its linked to another account. Which isn't possible for me, any help on trying to find where it is linked?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If it's saying it's linked to another account, then it must be possible...because it is. 😉

Sounds like you must have some other PayPal account that you've forgotten about..??

If that's really not the case, then some other user must have added your card to their account, which would be considered fraud (unless it was somebody you knew and you allowed it, of course.)

If you are positive that you did not add this card to an account, then I would suggest that you call the card issuing bank or use your online banking to review transaction history and make sure there aren't any unauthorized transactions.

Once you're sure of that, go ahead and request a replacement so that the current card number will be killed, and they'll send you a fresh card. This one could then be added to your account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

SacResell
Contributor
Contributor

I made sure that it's not linked to another account. I made a new paypal account on my alias email and was  able to link my card. I then unlinked the card and tried it on my main  email and it said it was still linked to another account. 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Are you having that problem linking any other cards to this account?

Login to Me Too

SacResell
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have any other cards. It may be the account. I called PayPal but but  no help... I could use a new  paypal account but my money from a company is sitting and  I'm trying to claim it.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You shouldn't need to add a credit card to claim it. I'm a bit confused by what you have going on here.

You received a payment to your account, and you can see this payment in your activity log, right? Does it show a "claim" button next to it there?

If so, what happens exactly when you click this claim button?

Login to Me Too

SacResell
Contributor
Contributor

I sold and item on StockX, I don't know if your familiar with  it. They sent me my money on paypal, and i have to claim it. When I press the claim button it says I have to link my debit card to the paypal acocunt but it won't let me because its saying its "linked to another account".

I'm trying to transfer the money to the bank instead of keeping it in my paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SacResell,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to link this card. Please reach out by phone to customer service to let them know what you've done to troubleshoot the issue and what's happening.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.