Linking Card Problems

htm28
New Community Member

I am trying to link my debit card to my new paypal account. I have recently moved from the UK to Denmark, today I recieved my new debit card and tried to link it to my old UK paypal account, I couldn't because my billing address was now out of the country. I have since set up and Danish paypal account and have tried to link my card to it numerous times. It pops up saying "Invalid card number. Check the number and try again", all of the information is correct.

I don't know what to do or how to resolve this, I've tried contact the support team by email but they can't verify that its me. I can't call since I don't understand much Danish. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

htm28
New Community Member

I should also note, my debit card is with a UK bank account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@htm28,

As PayPal accounts are specific to the country of registration, you wouldn't have the ability to link a UK-based bank account or debit card to an account registered under Denmark.  As a result, I recommend attempting to link a local bank to the account instead. 

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.