Linking Bank Account - New Zealand

Carl_Al
New Community Member

Hello,

I can't link my Paypal account to my bank account saying that it needs the bank code and account number.

My bank doesn't have a bank code so I'm not sure how to link this. Also, my account number is longer than 11 characters. Unless I made a mistake somewhere along the line when signing up.

Thank you for helping!

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

tabucutie
Contributor
Contributor

Just read your comment this actually worked! I've been trying for months and had even contacted them about it and they couldn't help. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Kaydenandloki
I am really struggling to add ANZ bank. Keeps asking for routing number.
Login to Me Too

Bananaramarama
Contributor
Contributor
thank you for writing it so simply 👍
Login to Me Too

Piper02
New Community Member

This has been a life saver! I swear for years it hasn't worked to link my bank account but the one dash really did it!! I wish I knew this sooner but thank you for the tip! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Jodraper2020

I have tried this multiple times and its still not working for me. Any other suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Jacob46
Contributor
Contributor
I tried but my account number isn’t formatted like that so I can’t get the 11 digit number in I’m with asb bank can you please help?
Login to Me Too

juno-olives
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker @I’ve tried all this but it is still asking me for a 9 digit routing number and it won’t accept the account number with or without dashes and suffixes. Any other advice? I’m just going round in circles.

Login to Me Too

kaylakasey
New Community Member
Hi! I’m trying to transfer money from my PayPal to my bank account but as you guys format it, you mention to leave out the zeros but most my bank number consists of them and it’s just not working any way that I enter it in? is anybody able to share some advice
Login to Me Too

Crystalkiwi
Contributor
Contributor
I try very hard to link a bank account from NZ. Bank Name...... Bank number.... Account type : checking or Saving Account Number.
Login to Me Too

creena88
BNZ USER I found the app difficult to add a dash as the keypad wouldn't allow so I logged in to PayPal on an internet browser and was able to add the dash before the suffix account which worked
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.