Linked Payments (Credit Cards) Not Appearing When Sending Money

totoro15
Contributor
Contributor

For a while now, I have been using paypal to purchase books for my daughter, purchase gadgets from certain merchants and most importantly transfer money to my daughter as her school allowance. Recently, I have noticed that I have mistakenly added a different city on my billing information and therefore, changed this immediately. Upon changing all the billing address for my cards, I accidentally inputted the wrong CVV code for one of the cards. I have corrected this immediately and even verified the said card to ensure that paypal will not flag it.

Needless to say, such mistake has caused us a great deal of trouble. From that moment on (which is 2 days ago), I could no longer see the linked payment method whenever trying to send my daughter 170 USD. I tried it with a smaller amount (17 USD) but the payment method is still not there.

I emailed paypal and have been notified that the security system detected something unusual and in order to protect me, prevented my cards from appearing in the linked payment. My question is WHEN are they most likely going to lift this? I have tried every single viable option like offering to send in a copy of my ID or even asking if I could just call and indeed verify that I am the rightful owner of the card. I am already 60 years old and paypal offers a very convenient way for me to transfer money to my daughter for her school expenses. I couldn't imagine going out of the house just to fall in line and wait for my turn on the bank deposit two hours later on a weekly basis just to transfer money to my daughter.

I do not have the technical know-how to try new apps and I do not trust local banking apps here. Paypal would have been the perfect solution but until WHEN are they going to hold my account, are they even going to NOTIFY me at all if the problem will be solved, and is there any available REMEDY for me in order to be un-flagged? Thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.