Link USD bank account in Australia

Beager
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I would like to link my USD bank account, which is an Australian bank account. Using my Australian PayPal account.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Beager.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beager 

You can add a U.S bank account in your country, if when you click add bank account it does not work then you would need to phone customer services so that they can add it for you.

Don't be fobbed off by them saying you can't add another countries bank account to a paypal account as a U.S account is the exception.

You can also see that it is an option in this link.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Beager
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for the advice, however, you are referring to linking a US-based bank account.
I am wanting to link a USD (United States Dollar) bank account, based in Australia, to my Australian PayPal account.

Is this possible?

Regards,
Beager.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beager 

Not sure on that one, why not just give customer services a call and if its possible ask them to link it for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Beager
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Okay, I contacted them and the answer is that, yes, it can be added but PayPal will only output AUD (Australian Dollars) from my Australian PayPal account.
Meaning that if I hold USD, it will be converted to AUD by PayPal going out and then converted back automatically to USD by my receiving account.
Not quite the result I was hoping for.

Thank you for your advice though.
Regards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.