Limit Sending Money for Users

laboheme
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I am a newbie setting up the business account. I want to limit how much money users (staff) can send out from paypal. I asked PP support and they said there was no restriction ($10K per single transaction). The PP account is linked to our bank. I am pretty surprised this is the case and don't understand how this is the case. The only "bad" workaround I have thought of is it unlink the bank account and credit card and just transfer in funds and that is then presumably the limit. Anyone have other ideas? Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Drew

Hi @laboheme

Thanks for reaching out to the community for advice. We don't currently offer a limit to set for additional users sending money out of the account. 

Another way I tell customers they can do this is to set up another bank account underneath the same umbrella of your main bank account. You can then add that bank to your PayPal account and transfer enough money for your team to use. That way you don't have to remove your bank each time a payment is made. 

I hope this helps! 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

laboheme
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Drew,

Thanks but that doesn't seem like a clean solution. If the user sends more than the bank balance does PP charge some overdraft? Also that bank account implies more reporting/audit requirements. 

Can I setup a paypal account that is not linked to a CC or bank and then send funds to that from the business PP and setup a user to use that PP so it would act like a debit card? I send it $1K so they can only spend that amount? 

fyi - why do I need to fill in fire hydrant captchas given I am logged into PP. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @laboheme

PayPal wouldn't charge overdraft. It would be up to your bank whether they would bill an overdraft for rejecting the payment. 

You would be able to set up another account through PayPal and transfer money to it. You may run into an issue though as our security system reviews each transaction sent through the PayPal account. If you have a new account with no history, larger dollar transactions may get blocked as they are seen as risky. There wouldn't be a way for us to associate that account with the history of your current active account. However, you are more than welcome to try this as a solution. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.