LINKING UPDATED SAFARICOM NUMBER TO PAYPAL ACCOUNT

Fireball5
Contributor
Contributor

I have updated my mobile number on paypal account but am unable to top up from mpesa to paypal, i keep getting the error that my new number is not linked to paypal and i should link it on paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa.  However, when i visit the page and login using my paypal credentials, there is not provision for me to link my updated primary mpesa mobile number to paypal.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fireball5 

Did you confirm the phone number you added or updated with 4-digit code?

https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/faq

"How do I register for this service?

1. Log in with your PayPal login details (email and password).
  2. Enter your M-PESA account phone number.
  3. After submitting your account details, Thunes, on behalf of M-PESA, will send you a 4-digit verification code to the mobile number associated with your M-PESA account.
  4. Please enter the code to confirm and complete the account linkage.
  5. That's it! Next time you can log in directly with your PayPal email and password and get started."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fireball5 

Did you confirm the phone number you added or updated with 4-digit code?

https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/faq

"How do I register for this service?

1. Log in with your PayPal login details (email and password).
  2. Enter your M-PESA account phone number.
  3. After submitting your account details, Thunes, on behalf of M-PESA, will send you a 4-digit verification code to the mobile number associated with your M-PESA account.
  4. Please enter the code to confirm and complete the account linkage.
  5. That's it! Next time you can log in directly with your PayPal email and password and get started."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Fireball5
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I confirmed the number with a 4-digit code but I can’t get the top up transaction to go through.
Login to Me Too

Capriv
Contributor
Contributor
I tried doing the same and was unable to relink the new number i contacted them and they told me it cant done,cant remove an existing mpesa account from paypal unless i create s new account with the new number
Login to Me Too

Simon495
Contributor
Contributor

Pliz link my new mpesa number <removed>

Login to Me Too

vmuky
Contributor
Contributor

@Fireball5 Did you manage to get your issue resolved? Because I'm experiencing similar difficulties but mine is at an earlier stage. I'm unable to link my existing account to M-PESA...I get the verification codes to log in, to confirm my number, but when it's Thunes' turn to authenticate by sending me a 4 digit verification code, I have not received anything. I have refreshed and tried a couple of times. Efforts to contact Paypal are quite grim. If anyone has a solution for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

feith
New Community Member

Same case here, i am not receiving the code

Login to Me Too

Thee_blender
New Community Member
I have a new safaricom number that starts with 01. Tends to refuse to be added as a usable number
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.