LINK DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD FOR NON US CITIZENS

jasonelf
New Community Member
so actually im not U.S. citizen and i sign up paypal for U.S. citizen to purchase in some shop or let say to link to my apple id
and then i transfer usd 10 from my Indonesian account to my U.S. account so i can use the money to buy some stuff
and then the paypal us account ask me to link bank account to receive money that i sent before from my Indonesian account
because im not U.S. citizen, so i dont have U.S. bank account,
to resolve this problem i sign up to payoneer and they gave me U.S. bank account
bank of america actually the name of the bank so i linked it to my us paypal account
and finally it works i can receive the money i sent from my Indonesian account i was so happy by this
but then again when i want to transfer back my money to my indonesian account
paypal ask me to confirm my bank account
they say they send me a little amount to my us bank account with less than 0.50 usd and ask me to confirm how much they sent to me
i had no idea how much so i went back to my payoneer account to check if there is some money i receive
but i have nothing
so i try to fill some number to try confirm my bank account
but i wronged several times and now my us bank account cannot be linked to my paypal us account
so what i have to do now with my money?
can i get a refund? Or at least send back to my indonesian id?
please help me

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jasonelf 

You will have to call customer service and ask them to reset the Bank of America bank account so you can add the bank account again. Note: if you just add the bank account, and not confirm it, you can only do withdrawals. Can't not buy or send money with the bank account. So, if you are able to reset and add the bank account again, just do a withdraw to get the money out. Then you can try to confirm the bank account with the 2 small deposits if you want but I think there can be an issue confirming bank account because it is Payoneer even though it is a Bank of America bank account. Confirming bank accounts like these are a hit and miss. PayPal prefer traditional bank accounts with physical branch locations. You may want to contact Bank of America or Payonner and ask them to look for the 2 small deposits for you if your bank statement is not showing them.

This will be a sticky situation, using a US PayPal account if you do not live in the US. PayPal can request identity verification and if you do not have the documents, your account can get permanently locked so beware.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.