Keeping Payments in Source Currency

ben6464
Contributor
Contributor

We are based in the UK and have a PayPal account set up in GBP.

We receive a number of payments in EUR and USD which are currently converted to GBP and stored in our GBP wallet.

We are planning to set up EUR and USD wallets to avoid exchange losses on receipts and hold the currencies within the wallets.

Is it possible by any means to withdraw the EUR and USD amounts within their respective wallets into our UK based USD and EUR bank accounts avoiding any conversion to GBP along the way?

I have seen threads discussing this but the posts are several years old and offer no clear solution.

Thanks

Ben

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @ben6464,

We'd like to help. This is a good question and I appreciate the want to avoid these conversions. At this time, we only support transfers in local currency. So, if you have a PayPal account in the UK (GBP), but want to transfer money to your bank account in USD or EUR, you may be subject to cross border conversion fees.

We'll be sure to update our website if anything changes going forward. Hope this helps.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.