Item sold on Ebay but payment on hold

Penguinx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yall! I just sold my first item on Ebay, but it says the payment is on hold. I have been scammed before and accidently sent an item while it was pending so I am trying to make sure this does not happen again. I can't reach anyone at Paypal or Ebay so I am hoping someone on here can assist me. Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Penguinx,

The money is already with PP, they just want to confirm that you have already shipped the item and the buyer gets it on time before you get access to the funds. 

Here's an article that can further help you: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-from-a-sale-on-ebay-on-hold-faq1377?ap...

Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Penguinx, Good day! Congratulations on your first sale! I understand that you are afraid to be scammed again but no worries, although your money is on hold, I can guarantee you that your money is already on your paypal account. You just have to ship the item to the buyer and wait for your shipping company to update the tracking results as delivered and your money will be released once the shipping details matches on what we have on our record. Thank you for reaching PayPal, I hope I was able to answer your question for today. Be safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.