Issues with instant bank confirmation

meorbayc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I tried to tranfer money yesterday into a new account, and it says transfer pending and that paypal has sent two small deposits to my account to confirm. However, I have not received them. But what really makes me nervous is that when I try to "confirm instantly" by logging into my account the phone numbers it tells me to put in are not mine, despite me logging into my bank account. Why is this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

cheers1955
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Confirmation of the bank account by the account holder personally, can either be via 2 options: either via 2 small random deposits (which may show up o your bank statement within 2-3 business days from the time you added your bank) or can be via instant confirmation (depends on the bank if they do accept instant confirmation). Transfers may be on pending status if you just recently added your bank and haven't confirm it yet as PayPal needs to confirm internally with your bank that they can accept PayPal transfers.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

meorbayc
Contributor
Contributor

thank you but my biggest concern is the phone number thing i mentioned in my question. Why are the phone numbers appearing not mine? it says please enter phone number on record and gives something like (XXX) XXX <removed> but the last four numbers do not correspond to my phone number. 

Login to Me Too

cheers1955
Contributor
Contributor

I would highly recommend not to make any changes on that. If with confirmation with the bank, please contact PayPal customer service so they can verify it for you. As well as to get some information on the number you were talking about.

I hope I was able to at least help you out 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.