Issue with pending payment. Funds already taken from bank.

FrugFrug
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sent a payment of $15.00 + $4.99 extra to cover a negative balance my account had on October 3rd which happened because of getting a new card and forgetting to update the info. The funds were taken from my bank account on the 7th, and the transaction has since been pending since that day.

Is it normal for it to continue to be pending several days after the funds have been taken from my bank account, or is there an issue here?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FrugFrug 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However if you are adding those funds yourself then its you that takes the wait.

Takes about a week to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FrugFrug 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However if you are adding those funds yourself then its you that takes the wait.

Takes about a week to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FrugFrug
Contributor
Contributor

It did actually end up going through this morning.

It makes sense that it would take a while normally since Paypal is providing this service for free, I guess I was just put off since the last time I made a small transfer like this to my father it was practically instant, whereas, this time it took almost 10 days.

Thanks for the response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.