Issue linking foreign bank account to my profile

bencematyasi
New Community Member

Hi there,

I have a huge issue regarding linking a foreign bank account to my profile. I have a Hungarian nationality and also my PayPal profile set to Hungarian (I created my account back in 2017), but since then I moved to Denmark. I changed the currencies to Danish Krone and Euros, and also my profile's address is Danish, but I cannot change my nationality of the profile as I do not own a Danish ID card with a photo on it.

PayPal allows me to link a bank account that has a currency of Hungarian Forints, but I'd like to withdraw my money to my Danish bank account.

Therefore, my question would be that is there any way to link a foreign bank account to my PayPal profile?

Any possible solution will do!
Thank you in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @bencematyasi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

As PayPal is a country-specific service, you can only open an account in the country where you reside. If you moved to Denmark, please close your Hungarian account and register a Danish account. You don't need to be a Danish Citizen or owning a Danish photo ID to register a Danish PayPal account. You may only need to provide proof of address. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.