Issue in Transfer money

Sobhy_
Contributor
Contributor

hello there,

in Auto Transfer why exchange my money from the dollar "USD" to Egyptian pounds "EGP"?! Please don't exchange my dollars into Egyptian pounds,

I want my money to enter my visa as a dollar, not Egyptian pounds, please.
thanks

Sobhy Elbhwashy

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

H_Nasr90
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. They sent money in EGP with lower exchange rate 1USD =15.23 EGP and deducted about 80 L.E as fees for auto transfer. Which is illegal. And messaging customer center doesn't help. No reply from PayPal. Please do escalate for this situation.
Login to Me Too

worldairops
Contributor
Contributor

The automated withdrawal was exchanged to EGP although my credit card and bank account are in USD. I didn't request the exchange to EGP before the withdrawal. kindly refund the withdrawn amount back to my account in USD. then withdraw it in USD as used to do in usual previous withdrawals.

Login to Me Too

H_Nasr90
Contributor
Contributor

Did they deduct fees from your balance?

What conversion rate you received the money?

Which bank you deal with?

Login to Me Too

worldairops
Contributor
Contributor

yes they deducted 79 EGP as transfer fees, i deal with AAIB bank. and the resolution center and support messages aren't working. so what should we do ?!

Login to Me Too

H_Nasr90
Contributor
Contributor

I will keep them posted till I get a reply. They didn't notified us before auto transfer about this fees or the conversion rate.  So, it's our right to get our money back. As well as my friends on other banks or CC have no such a issue. So why this happened to us?  I'm really very disappointed and unsatisfied 😞

Login to Me Too

worldairops
Contributor
Contributor

when i try to open a dispute or claim I get an error message, so how to contact the support about that issue?! 

Login to Me Too

H_Nasr90
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Message centre is the only available way. But unfortunately they didn't response. And phone numbers are re over due to Covid 19. So let's send more messages till we get any response.  😢

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.