Is this a scam?

ItsStxn
Contributor
Contributor
I have received an email from a buyer of some shoes I sold for £155 through goods and services, saying that my money is pending and won’t stop Being pending until I ship, there is no guarantee in My account that the money is pending as there is no transaction details and I have had no email confirmation. The only email I have is from the buyer which he forwarded from PayPal but I believe it is a fake email can anyone help and notify me if this is real or not!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ItsStxn

SOUNDS LIKE THE BELOW SCAM, READ IT AND SEE IF IT FITS.......................

They may encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Nothing will show in your Paypal balance and the 'fake' Paypal email often goes in your SPAM folder.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ItsStxn

SOUNDS LIKE THE BELOW SCAM, READ IT AND SEE IF IT FITS.......................

They may encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Nothing will show in your Paypal balance and the 'fake' Paypal email often goes in your SPAM folder.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ItsStxn
Contributor
Contributor
That’s exactly what he’s trying to do Thankyou so much for helping me bro❤️
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ItsStxn

Not a bro, but your welcome   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.